Ann Cleeves has written a murder mystery based around a traditional Shetland Sunday tea, especially for librarians and booksellers who would like to host their own murder mystery party. There's a script for four actors (with a guest appearance from detective Jimmy Perez), and - for a really authentic experience! - there are recipes for Shetland homebakes!
Look out for a 'Blood on the Bannocks' event near you - or find out how you can stage your own!
And for a flavour of crime writing events, listen to the Guardian's books podcast, in which Ann and Chris Brookmyre look forward to Bloody Scotland!
- Thursday 20th - Sunday 23rd July
- Theakston's Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival at the Old Swan Hotel, Harrogate: Ann is on a panel at 10.00 am on Sunday 23rd July, talking about VERA with Brenda Blethyn, Kenny Doughty and interviewed by Steph McGovern.
- Wednesday 6th September, 7.00 pm
- Talking about The Seagull at Waterstones, Newcastle,
- Friday 8th September
- Talking about The Seagull at the Word, 45 Market Place, South Shields, NE33 1JF
Prior to Ann's talk, David Hirst from Tynemouth Fine Art Gallery will discuss Painter of the Tyne, an exhibition of paintings by Peter Burns - a preview of the exhibition will begin at 6.15pm before Ann takes to the stage at 7pm
Tickets £3, booking online
- Friday 8th - Sunday 10th September
- Ann will be at Bloody Scotland, Stirling, on the Saturday
- Tuesday 12th September, 1.00 pm (doors at 12.30 pm)
- A Literary Lunch with Plackitt & Booth Booksellers at Gusto Lytham
Tickets £30 from the bookshop include 2 course lunch with drink on arrival, plus a signed hardback copy of The Seagull.
- Thursday 12th - Sunday 15th October
- Bouchercon, Toronto, followed by a Canadian tour.
- Wednesday 1st - Saturday 4th November
- Ann will be at the SILK Festival, Skudeneshavn, Norway from Friday 3rd - Monday 6th November