Team Vera at the Theakston's Crime-Writing Festival in Harrogate, 2017: Steph McGovern, Ann Cleeves, Brenda Blethyn and Kenny Doughty - read all about it in Ann's Diary!
Wild Fire, the eighth and last Shetland mystery, featuring Detective Jimmy Perez, had its official UK launch on Wednesday 5th September 2018 at - where else? - Lerwick Town Hall. Follow the link to join the celebrations, live from Lerwick, Shetland: https://t.co/p7pVPPIztH courtesy of Criminal Element (@crimehq)
And if none of Ann's appearances are near you, you can still buy a signed copy of any of her books, thanks to Forum Books of Corbridge: there's more information here.
- Saturday 3rd August
- At Bute Noir:
- 2.00 pm: Interview with Alex Gray at Rothesay Library
- 3.30 pm: The 'All Star Game' with Mark Billingham, Stuart MacBride and Ian Rankin at Rothesay Library
The Long Call Launch Tour
- Monday 26th August, 1.30pm
- Talk: New Cop on the Block at the Edinburgh International Book Festival
The New York Times Main Theatre
- Wednesday 4th September, 6.30pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves at Plymouth Central Library
- Thursday 5th September, 11.00 am
- An audience with Ann Cleeves at Kingsbridge Library, Kingsbridge
- Friday 6th September, 7.00 pm
- At Braunton Library, Braunton
- Monday 9th September, 7.30pm
- In conversation with Matthew Hall for Book-ish in Crickhowell.
- Tuesday 10th September, 12.00 noon
- A literary lunch with Ann Cleeves at Langland Golf Club, organised by Cover to Cover, 58 Newton Road, Mumbles, Swansea, SA3 4BQ
Tickets available from the shop, or online from Eventbrite.
- Tuesday 10th September, 7.00 pm
- Chepstow Books event at The Drill Hall, Chepstow
- Wednesday 11th September, 8.00 pm
- At Toppings Bookshop, The Paragon, Bath.
- Thursday 12th September, 7.00 pm
- Q&A at Shire Hall, Monmouth, for Rossiter Books
- Friday 13th September, 12.30 pm
- Plackitt and Booth Literary Lunch At Gusto, Lytham
- Friday 13th September, 7.00 pm
- Smithdown LitFest
Q&A with Ashley Dyer (Margaret Murphy) at Ullet Road Unitarian Church, Liverpool
* * *
- Saturday 28th September, 2.00 pm
- In conversation with Denise Mina at Capital Crime, Grand Connaught Rooms, London
- New England Crime Bake
Friday 8th - Sunday 10th November
- Ann will be Guest of Honor.
Ann Cleeves has written a murder mystery based around a traditional Shetland Sunday tea, especially for librarians and booksellers who would like to host their own murder mystery party. There's a script for four actors (with a guest appearance from detective Jimmy Perez), and - for a really authentic experience! - there are recipes for Shetland homebakes!
Look out for a 'Blood on the Bannocks' event near you - or find out how you can stage your own!