Team Vera at the Theakston's Crime-Writing Festival in Harrogate: Steph McGovern, Ann Cleeves, Brenda Blethyn and Kenny Doughty - read all about it in Ann's Diary!
And for a flavour of crime writing events, listen to the Guardian's books podcast, in which Ann and Chris Brookmyre look forward to Bloody Scotland!
- Thursday 25th January, 7.00 pm
- Ann celebrates the paperback publication of her latest Vera novel The Seagull at Whitley Bay Customer First Centre, York Road, Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear, NE26 1AB.
Tickets £3, booking essential. Contact 0191 6435390 to book or visit any North Tyneside Library.
- Tuesday 30th January, 7.30 pm
- An Evening with Ann Cleeves at Rural Arts, Thirsk YO7 1QS
In conjunction with White Rose Bookcafe : White Rose Bookshop
Tickets £10, includes a copy of her new paperback, The Seagull.
- Wednesday 31st January, 7.00 pm
- Lindum Books at the Collection Museum, 1 Danes Terrace, Lincoln, LN2 1LP
Tickets £4 from Lindum Books and The Collection box office (01522 782040)
Stokes cafe will provide a bar for pre-event drinks
- Tuesday 6th February, 6.30 pm
- More than just murder... with Louise Penny at York Explore
Tickets £6 (includes 99p off paperbacks at the event): Book online
- Wednesday 7th February, 6.30 pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves and Louise Penny at Heffers Bookshop, 20 Trinity Street, Cambridge, CB2 1TY
Tickets £5 in advance and can be purchased online, by calling 01223 463200 or in person at Heffers bookshop. Please note that tickets are transferable but not refundable.
- Sunday 25th February, 12.00 noon
- In conversation with Dr James Grieve, Emeritus Professor of Forensic Pathology at the University of Aberdeen - part of Aberdeen's Granite Noir festival.
- Saturday 28th - Sunday 29th April
- Colonsay Book Festival
Ann Cleeves has written a murder mystery based around a traditional Shetland Sunday tea, especially for librarians and booksellers who would like to host their own murder mystery party. There's a script for four actors (with a guest appearance from detective Jimmy Perez), and - for a really authentic experience! - there are recipes for Shetland homebakes!
Look out for a 'Blood on the Bannocks' event near you - or find out how you can stage your own!