Team Vera at the Theakston's Crime-Writing Festival in Harrogate, 2017: Steph McGovern, Ann Cleeves, Brenda Blethyn and Kenny Doughty - read all about it in Ann's Diary!
And if none of Ann's appearances are near you, you can still buy a signed copy of any of her books, thanks to Forum Books of Corbridge: there's more information here.
Wild Fire Tour
Wild Fire, the eighth and last Shetland mystery, featuring Detective Jimmy Perez, had its official UK launch on Wednesday 5th September 2018 at - where else? - Lerwick Town Hall.
Follow the link to join the celebrations, live from Lerwick, Shetland: https://t.co/p7pVPPIztH courtesy of Criminal Element (@crimehq)
- Wednesday 19th September, 2.00 pm
- Afternoon tea with Ann Cleeves at AK Bell Library, York Place, Perth, PH2 8EP
Tickets £5, include refreshments. (Web link).
- Wednesday 19th September, 6.00 pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves at The Steps Theatre, Central Library, Wellgate, Dundee
Tickets: £4.00, available from: Waterstones and online at EventBrite (link to follow)
- Thursday 20th September, 2.00 pm
- An afternoon with Ann Cleeves at Falkirk Library
Tickets: £5.50 (includes refreshments) available from TicketSource and Falkirk Library by telephone 01324 506800 or e-mail:
- Thursday 20th September, 7.00 pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves at Waterstones, 153-157 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3EW
Tickets: £3.00, available from: Waterstones 0141 332 9105 or via web link
- Friday 21st September, 10.30 am
- Coffee with Ann Cleeves at Morningside United Church, with tea, coffee and baking by 181 Delicatessen
Tickets £8 (£5 off book with ticket), available from The Edinburgh Bookshop, 0131 447 1917
- Friday 28th September, 7.00 pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves at Forum Books, The Chapel, Market Place, Corbridge, Northumberland, NE45 5AW
- Saturday 29th September, 4.30 pm
- At Wigtown Book Festival (online booking)
- Tuesday October 9th, 6.30 pm
- The Word, South Shields
- Friday 12th - Sunday 14th October
- Isle of Wight Literary Festival
- Thursday November 1st
- Women Writing Television at Newcastle Centre for the Literary Arts, Newcastle University, with Gaby Chiappe and Elaine Collins
Event deferred from March 1st because of snow.
- Friday 16th - Sunday 18th November
- Bucharest Book Festival, Romania.
Ann Cleeves has written a murder mystery based around a traditional Shetland Sunday tea, especially for librarians and booksellers who would like to host their own murder mystery party. There's a script for four actors (with a guest appearance from detective Jimmy Perez), and - for a really authentic experience! - there are recipes for Shetland homebakes!
Look out for a 'Blood on the Bannocks' event near you - or find out how you can stage your own!