Team Vera at the Theakston's Crime-Writing Festival in Harrogate, 2017: Steph McGovern, Ann Cleeves, Brenda Blethyn and Kenny Doughty - read all about it in Ann's Diary!
Wild Fire, the eighth and last Shetland mystery, featuring Detective Jimmy Perez, had its official UK launch on Wednesday 5th September 2018 at - where else? - Lerwick Town Hall. Follow the link to join the celebrations, live from Lerwick, Shetland: https://t.co/p7pVPPIztH courtesy of Criminal Element (@crimehq)
And if none of Ann's appearances are near you, you can still buy a signed copy of any of her books, thanks to Forum Books of Corbridge: there's more information here.
The Long Call North America Launch Tour
- Friday November 1st, 7.00pm
- University Books (at University Temple Methodist Church) Seattle, WA
Book tickets online
- Sunday November 3rd, 2.00pm
- Tattered Cover (Colfax location), Denver, CO
- Monday November 4th, 7.00pm
- St Louis County Library St Louis MO
- Tuesday November 5th, 7.00pm
- Wellesley Books, Wellesley, MA
Book tickets online or instore
- Wednesday November 6th, 7.00 pm
- Odyssey Books, South Hadley, MA
- Thursday November 7th, 7.00 pm
- Belmont Books (held at the Waltham Public Library), Belmont, MA
- New England Crime Bake Woburn, MA
Friday 8th - Sunday 10th November
- Ann will be Guest of Honor.
- Monday November 11th, 7.00 pm
- With Louise Penny: The Suspense is Killing Me, Toronto Public Library
- Friday 29th November, 7.30 for 8.00pm
- An evening of Murder and Mystery with Ann Cleeves and pathologist Professor James Grieve, in aid of Maggie's Highlands
KIngsmills Hotel, Inverness; event page on Facebook
Tickets £75, including dinner and a copy of The Long Call from 01463 257140 or
- Saturday 7th December, 11.00 am and 2.30 pm
- Tea Talk at Live Theatre, presented by casting agency NE14.TV
The events will be livestreamed.
* * *
* * *
Even further ahead...
Ann will be Writer in Residence at the Minerva Summer School in Tuscany, Italy, May 29th - June 7th, 2020.
Ann Cleeves has written a murder mystery based around a traditional Shetland Sunday tea, especially for librarians and booksellers who would like to host their own murder mystery party. There's a script for four actors (with a guest appearance from detective Jimmy Perez), and - for a really authentic experience! - there are recipes for Shetland homebakes!
Look out for a 'Blood on the Bannocks' event near you - or find out how you can stage your own!