Team Vera at the Theakston's Crime-Writing Festival in Harrogate, 2017: Steph McGovern, Ann Cleeves, Brenda Blethyn and Kenny Doughty - read all about it in Ann's Diary!
Wild Fire, the eighth and last Shetland mystery, featuring Detective Jimmy Perez, had its official UK launch on Wednesday 5th September 2018 at - where else? - Lerwick Town Hall. Follow the link to join the celebrations, live from Lerwick, Shetland: https://t.co/p7pVPPIztH courtesy of Criminal Element (@crimehq)
And if none of Ann's appearances are near you, you can still buy a signed copy of any of her books, thanks to Forum Books of Corbridge: there's more information here.
The Long Call Launch Tour
- Wednesday 18th September
- 1.00pm: AK Bell Library, Perth in association with Waterstones
- 8.00pm: Toppings Bookshop, St Andrews
- Thursday 19th September, 11.00am
- Elevenses with Ann Cleeves in association with The Edinburgh Bookshop
- Friday 27th September, 12.30pm
- Jarrold Autumn Literary Lunch with Francis Pryor and Sarah Perry at Norwich City Football Club, Norwich
Tickets £29.50 available online or instore at Customer Services, floor 2.
- Saturday 28th September, 3.00 pm
- The Forensic Mind with Denise Mina at Capital Crime, Grand Connaught Rooms, London
- Thursday 3rd October, 7.30pm
- In conversation with local author Ruth Sutton, URC Hall, Main Street, Cockermouth.
Tickets £8 from The New Bookshop, telephone 01900 822062
- Friday 4th October, 3.30 pm
- At Borderlines, Carlisle Book Festival
- Thursday 17th October, 7.30pm
- Crime and Wine at Frinton Literary Festival, Essex
- Saturday 19th October, 3.00pm
- East Riding Festival of Words 2019
- Friday November 1st, 7.00pm
- University Books, Seattle, WA
- Sunday November 3rd, 2.00pm
- Tattered Cover, Denver, CO
- Monday November 4th, 7.00pm
- St Louis County Library St Louis MO
- Tuesday November 5th, 7.00pm
- Wellesley Books, Wellesley, MA
- Wednesday November 6th, 7.00 pm
- Odyssey Books, South Hadley, MA
- New England Crime Bake Woburn, MA
Friday 8th - Sunday 10th November
- Ann will be Guest of Honor.
- Monday November 11th, 7.00 pm
- With Louise Penny: The Suspense is Killing Me, Toronto Public Library
- Friday 29th November, 7.30 for 8.00pm
- An evening of Murder and Mystery with Ann Cleeves and pathologist Professor James Grieve, in aid of Maggie's Highlands
KIngsmills Hotel, Inverness; event page on Facebook
Tickets £75, including dinner and a copy of The Long Call from 01463 257140 or
- Saturday 7th December, 11.00 am and 2.30 pm
- Tea Talk at Live Theatre, presented by casting agency NE14.TV
The events will be livestreamed.
* * *
Ann Cleeves has written a murder mystery based around a traditional Shetland Sunday tea, especially for librarians and booksellers who would like to host their own murder mystery party. There's a script for four actors (with a guest appearance from detective Jimmy Perez), and - for a really authentic experience! - there are recipes for Shetland homebakes!
Look out for a 'Blood on the Bannocks' event near you - or find out how you can stage your own!