Team Vera at the Theakston's Crime-Writing Festival in Harrogate, 2017: Steph McGovern, Ann Cleeves, Brenda Blethyn and Kenny Doughty - read all about it in Ann's Diary!
And for a flavour of crime writing events, listen to the Guardian's books podcast, in which Ann and Chris Brookmyre look forward to Bloody Scotland!
- Thursday 30th August, 7.00 pm
- Trans-Atlantic crime at the Lit & Phil, Newcastle, with Kate Charles and Marcia Talley.
Tickets £5 / £3 from the Lit & Phil.
Wild Fire Tour
Launching the eighth - and last - Shetland mystery novel, featuring Detective Jimmy Perez.
- Wednesday 5th September, 7.00 pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves, in Lerwick Town Hall
Tickets: £4.00, available from: Shetland Box Office (Web link)
- Friday 7th September, 7.00 pm
- Launch party at The Sound Archive, Kirkwall, in association with Shetland Reel
Tickets £15 from Grooves, at the Old Library, Laing Street, Kirkwall: includes one free drink of special limited edition 'Wild Fire' gin, music, discount on book price and more...
- Saturday 8th September, 10.30 am
- Coffee with Ann Cleeves at Orkney Library, 44 Junction Road, Kirkwall, Orkney
Tickets: £3.00, available from: Orkney Library, 01856 873166 (Web link)
- Monday 10th September, 6.30pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves in The Pantry Restaurant, floor 3, Jarrold, 1-11 London Street, Norwich, NR2 1JF
Book online (Tickets include one copy of the book and a glass of wine on the evening.)
- Tuesday 11th September, 1.00 pm
- A Light Literary Lunch with Ann Cleeves at the Unitarian Meeting House, Churchgate Street
Tickets: £8.00 available from: Waterstones The Arc, Bury St Edmunds (01284 750726) (Web link)
- Wednesday 12th September, 7.30 pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves at David's Bookshop, Letchworth, SG6 3DE
Tickets: £6, deductible for the cost of the book if purchased on the evening; available by ringing David's Bookshop on 01462 684631, by calling into the shop, or via the weblink.
- Thursday 13th September, 7.00 for 7.30 pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves at Harrogate Library on Victoria Avenue, Harrogate
Tickets: £17.99 including a complimentary copy of Wild Fire (worth £16.99), available from Imagined Things Bookshop in store, 01423 391301 or online.
- Friday 14th September, 2.30 for 3.00 pm
- Afternoon tea with Ann Cleeves at Bourne End Library, Wakeman Road, SL8 5SX
Tickets: £15.00 (includes glass of fizz and cream tea) available from: Bourne End Library, telephone 01296 382415 or email:
- Friday 14th September, 7.30pm - 9.00 pm
- Farewell to Shetland & Jimmy Perez; Ann helps launch Hillingdon Libraries' Culture Bite Festival at Uxbridge Library; Ann will be in conversation with Hillingdon Libraries and books will be available to purchase and to be signed on the night.
Places are free but booking is essential! Please book at your local Hillingdon Library or by emailing
- Tuesday 18th September, 7.00 for 7.30 pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves at The Mainstreet Trading Company
Tickets: £10 (includes a glass of wine) available from: TicketSource, in-store or telephone: 01835 824087.
- Wednesday 19th September, 2.00 pm
- Afternoon tea with Ann Cleeves at AK Bell Library, York Place, Perth, PH2 8EP
Tickets £5, include refreshments. (Web link).
- Wednesday 19th September, 6.00 pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves at The Steps Theatre, Central Library, Wellgate, Dundee
Tickets: £4.00, available from: Waterstones and online at EventBrite (link to follow)
- Thursday 20th September, 2.00 pm
- An afternoon with Ann Cleeves at Falkirk Library
Tickets: £5.50 (includes refreshments) available from TicketSource and Falkirk Library by telephone 01324 506800 or e-mail:
- Thursday 20th September, 7.00 pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves at Waterstones, 153-157 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3EW
Tickets: £3.00, available from: Waterstones 0141 332 9105 or via web link
- Friday 21st September, 10.do am
- Coffee with Ann Cleeves at Morningside United Church, with tea, coffee and baking by 181 Delicatessen
Tickets £8 (£5 off book with ticket), available from The Edinburgh Bookshop, 0131 447 1917
- Friday 28th September, 7.00 pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves at Forum Books, The Chapel, Market Place, Corbridge, Northumberland, NE45 5AW
- Saturday 29th September, 4.30 pm
- At Wigtown Book Festival (online booking)
- Tuesday October 9th, 6.30 pm
- The Word, South Shields
- Friday 12th - Sunday 14th October
- Isle of Wight Literary Festival
- Thursday November 1st
- Women Writing Television at Newcastle Centre for the Literary Arts, Newcastle University, with Gaby Chiappe and Elaine Collins
Event deferred from March 1st because of snow.
- Friday 16th - Sunday 18th November
- Bucharest Book Festival, Romania.
Ann Cleeves has written a murder mystery based around a traditional Shetland Sunday tea, especially for librarians and booksellers who would like to host their own murder mystery party. There's a script for four actors (with a guest appearance from detective Jimmy Perez), and - for a really authentic experience! - there are recipes for Shetland homebakes!
Look out for a 'Blood on the Bannocks' event near you - or find out how you can stage your own!