Ann tweeted that "I had a fabulous tour of the US and Canada - thanks to all the terrific readers I met - but it's SO lovely to be home in my kitchen, drinking real tea." There's a taste of the tour in this video of Ann and Louise Penny in Toronto.
And don't forget that if none of Ann's appearances are near you, you can still buy a signed copy of any of her books, thanks to Forum Books of Corbridge: there's more information here.
- Thursday 23rd - Monday 27th January
- Jaipur Literature Festival
- Wednesday 19th February, 6.30pm
- In conversation with Ashley Dyer (Margaret Murphy) at Bromborough Library and Civic Centre.
Tickets £5 from Bromborough Library or online via Eventbrite.
- Saturday 22nd February, 3.00 pm
- Waterstones, 24-26 High Street, Birmingham B4 7SL
- Saturday 22nd February, 7.30 pm
- Bewdley Festival, St George's Hall, Bewdley, Shropshire, DY12 2EQ
- Sunday 23rd February, 3.00 pm
- Northgate Methodist Church, Warwick, organised by Warwick Books
Tickets £10 including refreshments from Oken's kitchen
Booking essential at Warwick Books 01926 499939, or via Ticket Source
- Monday 24th February, 3.30 pm
- Coventry Central Library, Smithford Way, Coventry CV1 1FY
To book tickets call Central Library on 0247 683 2314 or email
- Monday 24th February, 7.30 pm
- Kibworth Cricket Club, Kibworth Leics, organised by Kibworth Books
- Tuesday 25th February, 7.30 pm
- Artrix Arts Centre, Bromsgrove, B60 1GN
- Wednesday 26th February, 7.30 pm
- An evening with Ann Cleeves and Chris Ewan, Lowdham Village Hall, Main Street, Lowdham
Tickets £10 full, £9 concessions, £8 Festival Friends available from The Bookcase, 50 Main Street, Lowdham. Box Office 0115 966 3219
- Sunday 15th March
- Ann will be a Special Guest at the Killer Women Festival of Crime Writing in London
- Wednesday 25th March, 11.00am - 2.00pm
- Join Ann for lunch in her home town of Whitley Bay, at Hinnies Lunch Club, Hinnies Restaurant, 10 East Parade, Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear, NE26 1AP
Ticket includes a paperback copy of The Long Call (online booking)
- Thursday 26th March
- WH Smith, Stockport (Murder Squad 20th Anniversary)
- 7.00: Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Murder Squad: in conversation at The Atkinson, Lord Street, Southport, PR8 1DB
- Friday 27th March
- WH Smith, Chester (Murder Squad 20th Anniversary)
- Saturday 28th March
- In conversation with Brian McGilloway NOIRELAND, Belfast
- Friday 1st - Sunday 3rd May
- Cromarty Crime & Thrillers Weekend
- Friday May 29th - Saturday June 7th
- Writer in Residence at the Minerva Summer School in Tuscany, Italy.
Ann Cleeves has written a murder mystery based around a traditional Shetland Sunday tea, especially for librarians and booksellers who would like to host their own murder mystery party. There's a script for four actors (with a guest appearance from detective Jimmy Perez), and - for a really authentic experience! - there are recipes for Shetland homebakes!
Look out for a 'Blood on the Bannocks' event near you - or find out how you can stage your own!